Temple Emanuel’s Inclusion Committee
Temple Emanuel’s Inclusion Committee Mission Statement:
Temple Emanuel is an inclusive congregation that provides a sense of home to all, regardless of physical, cognitive, behavioral, or emotional abilities. We seek to accommodate the needs of our members and guests ensuring full access to our temple community.
Our committee would like to share with you some wonderful programs, events, and activities that Temple Emanuel already has in place to help meet the various needs of our members.
DID YOU KNOW? …
Temple Emanuel’s Inclusion Committee, clergy, and staff are committed to be your advocate throughout your religious experience. We are here for you in many supportive ways, such as having someone to talk to, finding ways to help, such as direct you to the right person, resources, and/or services available in our synagogue and throughout the community.
We offer a variety of opportunities for inclusion within many aspects of Temple Emanuel’s Core Values, which include: Spirituality, Jewish Education, Connection, and Community.
- Disability Awareness Shabbat
- “Just for You” Services for Hanukkah, Purim and Passover
- Sign language interpreter at First Friday Family Shabbat Services
- School-age Hebrew and Religious classes
- Resource Room to aid in learning Hebrew and preparation for B’Nai Mitzvah